Grace Community Church in Rincon, GA, is seeking a Senior Pastor to provide deep Bible teaching and solid leadership for our faithful church family and the local community. Our ideal candidate will be devoted to prayer, preaching the fullness of the inerrant Word of God, and models the qualifications given for a shepherd of God’s people in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4. We are looking for a candidate who has at least 5 years prior church pastoral experience (bachelor’s degree/theological training preferred). We are seeking a candidate who is preferably between the ages of 30-55 and will be willing to reside in Effingham County.
Grace Community Church was founded in 1994, and resides on approximately 40 acres of land in Rincon GA. Our church averages approximately 70 for the Sunday, blended-style worship time. Various ministries are available for all ages: Sunday morning small groups, youth programs on Wednesday nights, music opportunities, women’s and men’s ministries, etc. The Sunday morning service is currently offered in-person as well as livestreamed.
The senior pastor of Grace Community Church will joyfully serve as the chief under shepherd to Jesus Christ, primarily leading this body of believers through devoting himself to prayer and the ministry of the Word. He will live according to the indwelling Holy Spirit so that his character and integrity will be above reproach. He will be temperate, hospitable, humble, have the reputation of managing his own house well, not be quick tempered, will be an example to the congregation as a servant of the Lord, and will protect the gospel witness in our community. He will faithfully shepherd the members of Grace Community Church, seeking their growth in spiritual maturity and equipping them for the work of ministry to one another, the community, and those who do not yet know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. He will guard against false teaching and straying from the faith. He will lead, knowing he will give an account to God for his stewardship, submitting himself to the authority of God’s Word and the Elder body of Grace Community Church. His wife and family will also demonstrate a passionate, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and seek opportunities to actively serve as integral parts of the body of Christ.
He will work as a servant leader to direct the church in living out the vision and mission of Grace Community Church by overseeing the day-to-day ministry activities of the church staff, lay leadership, and members.
The senior pastor will fulfill the responsibilities of ministry of the word, prayer, oversight, evangelism, pastoral care for staff and members, and leading in corporate worship through the following activities:
- He will focus much of his weekly time on preparing for expository preaching, teaching, and prayer.
- He will oversee the daily activities of the church staff and work with staff and ministry leaders in planning and conducting worship services as well as other gatherings of the church, including but not limited to small groups/Sunday school, baptisms, observances of the Lord’s Supper, planning meetings, and business meetings.
- He will shepherd the staff and elders by working alongside them in personal discipleship, individual mentorship, and helping grow their relationship with Christ for preparedness in serving when and how the Lord calls them.
- He will lead and attend elder/ministry/staff meetings and annual retreats as needed.
- He will serve as a fellow Elder with the rest of the Elder team where they are in mutual submission to one another under the authority of Christ for the purpose of guiding and shepherding God’s people as well as being responsible for needs of the church which may include but are not limited to developing an annual budget, filling the pulpit on Sunday’s he is not present, guarding the reputation of the church as ambassadors for Christ, and other financial decisions as necessary.
- He will be available to provide counseling to members and make referrals as needed, including but not limited to premarital counseling, marriage counseling, and spiritual/discipleship counseling.
- He will be available for relational ministry needs, or ensure these needs are met by church leadership, which may include but are not limited to visiting the sick, officiating at weddings, and officiating at funerals.
- Other duties as needed to serve and lead Grace Community Church.
Grace Community Church’s current budget provides for an annual salary for the senior pastor which will be finalized at the calling of the pastor.
The senior pastor will be considered to be serving in a full-time capacity with the allowance for bi-vocational status if necessary to meet the financial needs of his family. The senior pastor is expected to prioritize his time in order to adequately fulfill his responsibilities to God’s people, his family, and in caring for himself with adequate rest so that he may be refreshed and restored for giving his best in service to our Lord and Savior.
Grace Community Church is situated in Rincon, GA (Effingham County). The city of Rincon is less than 20 miles west of Savannah, GA and less than 50 miles from Hilton Head Island, SC with easy access to both I-95 and I-16. Effingham County has approximately 65,000 residents.
The Effingham School system is one of the highest ranked systems in southeast Georgia providing education from pre-school through 12th grade. There are several private schools, both Christian and college preparatory. Effingham County also has multiple thriving homeschool communities that several of our families participate in. Georgia Southern University, with campuses in Savannah and Statesboro, is a four-year comprehensive institution and is part of the University System of Georgia.
Vibrant recreational opportunities are available for children and adults through both the Rincon Recreation Department and the Effingham County Parks & Recreation Department. Rincon is also home to the local YMCA and several other fitness centers.
Major industries in our area include Gulfstream Aerospace, Georgia Ports Authority, and Georgia Pacific. Savannah is also home to Hunter Army Airfield. Please visit effga.com for more area information.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references to the communications director of the Pastor Search team, Jonathan Hathaway, through email at email@example.com. The Pastor Search team will request additional information as needed (e.g., questionnaire, additional references, etc.)